Our first theme show!
High school dances were fun, but I think the most memorable dances (besides prom or ring dance) happened in middle school. In the weeks leading up to a dance, my friends and I discussed our current crushes, went shopping for new dresses and spent hours talking and Instant Messaging each other about our plans for the big night.
And, of course, there was the music.
Matt and my middle school years were filled with some awesome (and some pretty hilariously awful) songs. Over the summer, when we first discussed co-hosting a show, we decided we had to have a middle school dance theme episode.
Here’s our playlist from the show:
1. Umbrella — Rihanna, Jay-Z
2. SexyBack — Justin Timberlake
3. One, Two Step — Ciara, Missy Elliott
4. London Bridge (clean, because why would our Catholic middle schools play the dirty version of a song) — Fergie
5. Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin’) — T-Pain, Yung Doc
6. Hot N Cold — Katy Perry
7. Hey There Delilah — Plain White T’s
8. Crank That (Soulja Boy) — Soulja Boy
9. Lollipop — Lil Wayne
10. Every Time We Touch — Cascada
11. Yeah! — Usher, Lil Jon, Ludacris
12. Forever — Chris Brown
13. Chasing Cars — Snow Patrol