What gets you excited about reading? Perhaps it’s the idea of being transported to another time period. Maybe a friend recommended an interesting book, or you decided you’d like to go on an adventure. I worked with a team of kids ages 7 to 11 to develop a prototype for Storytime, an interactive storybook app. […]

Read more "Storytime"


A recipe app designed with visually impaired users in mind. Created for my interactive design class. Interact with the prototype online or keep scrolling to view the different phases of the project. Problem definition How do you improve the recipe reading experience for both sighted and blind or low-vision chefs? Research findings Before I started designing, […]

Read more "RecipeMate"

Goddard Mixtape

NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, is home to the nation’s largest organization of scientists, engineers and technologists who build spacecraft, instruments and new technology to study Earth, the sun, our solar system and the universe. NASA Goddard’s 2016 rewind is a small sampling of the center’s highlights and memorable moments. Clare Skelly, […]

Read more "Goddard Mixtape"


Just a little something to celebrate the Chicago Cubs, who finally won the World Series this year. My family is from Chicago, so it was a pretty special night for us — especially for my great uncle, who’s 102 and had never before seen them win. Let’s #FlytheW!

Read more "Cubs"

School Showdown

Problem + Goal Too many students are dropping out of college X (stakeholder). The dropout rate at College X is 62%. The drop out at College Y rate is 45% The VP of Enrollment wants to compare competitive data on a mobile device (a dashboard) on the go anytime. The experience needs to be at least 2 screens.  […]

Read more "School Showdown"


There’s something so relaxing about smashing some old glass and remixing pieces into a mosaic. This is the result of what happened when my mom asked me to help overhaul our mailbox. This took about three days from start to finish. Here’s the work in progress, before my mom filled in the gaps with grout and we […]

Read more "Mailbox"

ComicHub Usability Testing

Comic book retailers tend to have limited access to online systems and inventory management tools, making it difficult for comic book subscribers to manage their subscriptions. Stu Colson, owner of New Zealand’s Heroes for Sale comic book store, decided to create his own system, ComicHub. ComicHub provides both a retailer point-of-sale (POS) system and a mobile app […]

Read more "ComicHub Usability Testing"


Nomad takes the stress out of planning group trips. This smartphone app enables travelers to collaborate on all aspects of a trip, from drafting an itinerary to documenting and sharing the adventures that happen along the way. The app recommends destinations, supports collaborative itinerary creation and organizes moments captured during the trip. My teammates and […]

Read more "Nomad"


I painted a photo booth backdrop for Technica, an all-ladies hackathon held in November at the University of Maryland. I used a roll of black photo backdrop and white, pink and blue acrylic paint to create the designs. The resulting backdrop was a little over 8.5 x 8.5 feet. I also created this inspiration wall, which […]

Read more "Technica"

Farm Fresh

Farm Fresh is a smartphone app that lets users purchase fruit, vegetables and herbs from local farms. I designed this app for my Introduction to Human-Computer Interaction class assignment that asked us to prototype a grocery app. While designing the app, I considered the types of people who would probably be using this app. I […]

Read more "Farm Fresh"

Uber and the surge

Capital News Service reporter Christine Rice and I analyzed Uber pricing data to see how often the ride-hailing service’s surge multiplier spikes in five Washington, D.C. neighborhoods. Click the image below to explore our interactive project. We scraped Uber’s API and analyzed more than 2 million rows of data using MySQL. We created the graphs in Highcharts, […]

Read more "Uber and the surge"

Erasable Inc

College Park, Maryland || March 8, 2014 Erasable Inc., the University of Maryland’s only all-improv comedy group. They perform on the steps of McKeldin every Friday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., and they’re hilarious. I tested out a beautiful 70-200mm lens while working on fast shutter speeds for my photojournalism class. The only minor […]

Read more "Erasable Inc"

slow shutter

College Park, Md. || March 2014 JOUR 368P assignment: slow shutter speed I’m still trying to figure out how to balance all the settings, but it’s a start. My professor says catching the moment is the first step and that the rest of the adjustments will start to make more sense. Shot with a Nikon […]

Read more "slow shutter"

Ed meeting

College Park, Maryland || Feb. 19, 2014 University of Maryland students Olivia Newport (left) and Aaron Kasinitz (right) discuss articles in The Diamondback during their editors’ meeting on Feb. 19, 2014. The Diamondback is the university’s daily independent student newspaper. Newport is a managing editor, and Kasinitz is a sports editor and the Terrapins men’s […]

Read more "Ed meeting"